Job Title: Programs Coordinator
Starting date: 1 August 2022
Reports To: Executive Director and Director of Programs
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Istanbul, Turkey (Fatih District)
Atlas Relief and Development International (ARDI) is a women-led international development organization working to support and strengthen civil society and emerging change-makers in conflict-affected areas. ARDI is guided by the mission to empower diverse communities affected by conflict to shape and participate in the peaceful, inclusive, rights-based, and secure futures they envision. We work in partnership with a wide variety of communities, including those in conflict-affected areas, to support human rights, empowerment, capacity building, and civic engagement of women, youth, and emerging changemakers to achieve sustainable and inclusive peace and security. ARDI specializes in supporting civilians affected by the conflict and community-based organizations leading efforts to create impactful change on the ground in Syria, Turkey, and migration-affected European countries. Learn more about ARDI via our website: www.atlasrdi.com
ARDI is seeking a talented and ambitious professional who wants to join ARDI’s Turkey HQ office based in Istanbul to help develop and grow an existing team focused on several current and upcoming projects that support refugee communities in Turkey and cross-border programming in Northwestern Syria. The role is focused on development project coordination, staff coordination, and organizational operations. We are looking for someone to grow the capacity of our current team, directly support our ongoing and upcoming project activities, and strengthen ARDI’s network among local and international entities.
The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter who is looking for challenges to solve in effective ways, has a passion for excellence and attention to detail, and has substantial experience within the field of international development yet is eager to learn, adapt, and grow as a professional. We seek a candidate with excellent verbal and written communication in English, Arabic, and Turkish. The ideal candidate has experience managing and growing successful teams, tracking and supporting the implementation of a wide variety of development projects, as well as overseeing the systems that keep the organization and projects running smoothly. This position reports to the Executive Director and Director of Programs and will work closely with other programming, operations, and finance management staff to meet objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Programs Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Support project implementation efforts, particularly around coordinating numerous staff workflows, competing for project priorities, and the coordination of numerous partners to ensure project implementation targets and outcomes are met.
- Support ARDI’s reporting obligations with donors. Including contributing to report writing, tracking milestones, financial oversight, and supporting the development of deliverables in coordination with local partners.
- Support the development of surveys, needs assessments, and data collection & analysis tools, and other templates and tools as required.
- Support writing periodic atmospheric reports providing a situational or regional overview of recent events in areas ARDI is working.
- Support reporting requirements relevant to ARDI’s operations, including annual reports, capacity documents, and organizational overviews.
- Establish and maintain a functional, well-supported, and innovative work environment among a diverse staff by guiding, counseling, and motivating employees.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and daily one-on-one meetings to provide ongoing support and oversight to all staff members.
- Develop and implement tools, systems, and training processes to foster increased internal organization, strengthened quality of work, and new skills and experiences among staff.
- Oversee day-to-day workflow and ensure daily, weekly, and monthly targets are met in line with internal and project-specific targets and objectives.
- Support employees through the development of individual work plans. Conduct regular performance reviews for staff and develop plans to address underperformance.
- Support the creation of growth pathways for current staff and support the hiring process for new staff, as needed.
- Develop controls, processes, and procedures to promote consistency in programming, reporting, and communication. Includes supporting the development of training curricula, internal policies, and forms/templates.
- Manage and support financial compliance and controls. Including ensuring that adequate financial controls are present and utilized as well as tracking compliance to existing and new contracts.
- Oversee, project budgets and monthly expenditures in partnership with ARDI Finance Officer.
- Develop and expand ARDI’s current accounting tools according to best practices.
- Support the development of concept notes, proposals, MEL frameworks, and other components required during contracting phases in line with both solicited (NOFO, RFP) and unsolicited proposals.
Networking and ARDI Representation Support
- Represent ARDI at donor meetings, conferences, and other events. Including international travel to represent ARDI with donors and partners.
- Expand and strengthen ARDI's Turkey-based network of Turkish and Syrian civil society organizations, activist and community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Expand and strengthen ARDI's international network of organizational donors, partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Development of technical strategies and tools to record and track ARDI’s local and international network
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Turkish nationality is mandatory, due to work visa requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience in international development, humanitarian relief, emergency response, or government. Preference for individuals who have managed successful, dynamic teams and with previous experience in international development programming and NGO operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for achieving high-quality results.
- Successful team motivation, work plan development/tracking and supporting pathways for employee growth.
- Experience growing the capacity and scale of medium-sized organizations to deliver high-quality services.
- Strong experience in donor reporting and capturing success stories/lessons learned, and adapting programming to achieve better outcomes and results.
- Strong experience in project implementation, preferably among refugees and/or in conflict and migration-affected contexts.
- Solid knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and gender integration concepts and practices.
- Strong ability to collaborate as a part of a diverse multicultural team.
- Fluent (C-level) English language skills, written and verbal. Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent (C-level) Arabic language skills, written and verbal. Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent (C-level) Turkish language skills, written and verbal. Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Syria and the impacts of the conflict in the region is preferred.