Grants Development Specialist
Job Title: Grants Development Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director and Director of Programs
Job Location: Washington DC and/or Distance-based
Starting Date: Hiring conducted on a rolling basis or by December 15th, 2021
Position Type: Consultancy, with the potential for part/full-time employment depending on bid success
Atlas Relief and Development International (ARDI) is a women-led international development organization working to empower diverse communities affected by conflict to shape and participate in the peaceful, inclusive, rights-based, and secure futures they envision. ARDI specializes in supporting civilians affected by the conflict in Syria. ARDI is registered in the United States, Germany, Turkey, and Syria; and we operate in areas affected by conflict and migration. ARDI leads programming across a wide wide variety of development projects, including expertise in peacebuilding, women’s empowerment, capacity building, civil society strengthening, political participation, economic empowerment, technical research, awareness-raising, and the amplification of diverse and minority voices.
ARDI is seeking a Grants Specialist who will engage in all aspects of ARDI’s grant opportunities, including leading efforts to design a grant-seeking strategy and provide guidance and oversight to develop and submit grant proposals and concept notes and conduct the relevant groundwork and research needed to compose a winning proposal. ARDI works directly with major government donors across North America and Europe in prime implementer, consortium partner, and beneficiary roles. We are currently working to expand our project portfolio, with the aim to contract with new donors and partners while maintaining our strong and trusted relationships with existing donors and partners. As a swiftly growing organization, with an expanding presence across the MENA region, our programmatic capacity is also growing and we seek to secure funding opportunities that will enable us to build upon the significant groundwork we have been working to establish so that we can enrich our support to communities affected by conflict. This position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Programs to meet our objectives in collaboration with other relevant members of the ARDI team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Opportunity and Partnership Identification, Tracking, and Engagement
- Cultivate solicit and steward current and prospective contacts with US Government donors (USAID, State Department, etc.)
- Participate in both online and offline donor government meetings.
Development, Writing, and Submission of Grants and Concept Notes
- Participate and lead strategy and design calls focused on designing programmatic activities and formulating a strategic project scope that directly aligns with NOFO requirements and additional builds upon ARDI’s unique expertise, local capacities, and diverse network.
- Develop and/or update templates and tools relevant to concept notes and proposals.
- Support, as needed, strategies for network development, data sourcing, and other efforts needed to complete/enhance proposal submissions.
- Lead the development, writing, and submission of well-researched grant proposals and concept notes (all components) in close collaboration with the ARDI team.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years of experience in international development, humanitarian relief, emergency response, or governmental aid.
- Dynamic self-starter who thrives off of tackling complex challenges and identifying strategic solutions.
- Exceptional English language writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desk research skills and comfort in integrating analyzed quantitative data and qualitative findings and trends into proposals narratives and annexes.
- Proven experience in developing grant proposals, concept notes, and other relevant applications for US Government funding (USAID, State Department, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and produce high-quality written material under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive. Ability to manage a portfolio of work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a manner that is compelling to various types of donors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google.
- Proficient in research and interpreting and analyzing diverse data, must possess sound critical thinking and independent judgment skills.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and updated CV with three professional references and their contact details via ARDI’s website portal or directly via email: email@example.com. Indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email "Grants Development Specialist."
Hiring is conducted on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate is selected or by December 15th, 2021.
ARDI is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment for all and is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by international and federal laws and ethical standards.