CSO Capacity Building Trainer - Northeastern Syria
Job Title: CSO Capacity Building Trainer - Northeastern Syria
Job Location: AlRaqqa, Northeastern Syria
ARDI Field Manager, ARDI Sr. Programs Coordinator, ARDI Executive Director
Position Type: Contract
Application Deadline: January 31, 2013, 23:59 (AlRaqqa, Syria)
Atlas Relief and Development International (ARDI) is an international development organization working to support and strengthen civil society in conflict zones by providing the knowledge, skills and resources for civilians to actively shape and participate in a peaceful and democratic future. ARDI is guided by the mission to empower diverse communities affected by conflict to shape and participate in the peaceful, inclusive, rights-based, and secure futures they envision. We work in partnership with a wide variety of communities to support human rights, empowerment, capacity building, and civic engagement of women, youth, and emerging changemakers to achieve sustainable and inclusive peace and security. ARDI stands as a specialized implementing organization across numerous core areas of operation and in a range of geographic areas and diverse community-based stakeholders. ARDI works to support populations directly and indirectly impacted by war, conflict, and societal instability; as well as working with refugee populations and host communities across Europe and MENA regions to support livelihoods, peacebuilding, social inclusion and integration, and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS).
ARDI is seeking a qualified professional to lead a 5-day, in-person capacity building workshop for civil society organizations (CSOs) providing special needs rehabilitation (SNR) within the context of a mental health and psychosocial support service (MHPSS) projects in AlRaqqa Syria. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering technical training and coaching to CSOs in Northeast Syria (NES) in the topics of program management; monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL); financial management; and digital marketing and security. This workshop is aimed to provide CSOs with technical project implementation skills, tools, and approaches that will enhance their current small grant-funded projects in AlRaqqa, Syria. The selected Capacity Building Trainer will work in close collaboration and report directly to ARDI’s Field Manager, with oversight from ARDI Sr. Program Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties/responsibilities of the Capacity Building Trainer include, but are not limited to:
Curriculum Development and Validation:
- Work with the ARDI to assess and validate the capacity building workshop curriculum ensuring that topics, activities, skills, tools, and approaches are highly relevant and CSOs are able to clearly understand how to utilize and practice new/enhanced skills by the completion of the workshop.
- Deliver in-person training around three main focus areas including program management, financial management, and digital marketing and security. Curriculum topics and training may include, but are not limited to:
- MEAL and Programmatic Reporting
- Meaningfully Engaging and Accommodating Marginalized Beneficiaries
- Organizational Policies and Practices (Financial, HR, Procurement, Internal Controls/Risk Management, Fraud Prevention)
- Introduction to Budgeting, Accounting, and Bookkeeping Systems
- Digital Security and Confidentiality Organizational Policies and Practices
- Digital Marketing and Engagement Tools and Strategies
- Media Campaigning Practices and Tools
- Provide tailored support and coaching to CSOs in real-time throughout the workshop, and especially during planned activities and discussion, to ensure capacity building topics are understood and technical skills and tools can be adapted to their organizational efforts and grant-funded requirements and deliverables.
- Support CSOs to submit workshop deliverables by the end of the workshop
- Provide formal feedback and assessment for each CSO and their participation by the end of the training, as well as on an as-needed basis for reporting requirement contributions.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of experience delivering technical training and coaching to small-to-mid size CSOs or entities in Syria.
- Previous experience in designing and delivering training focused on mental health or special needs, monitoring and evaluation, program management, financial management, and digital security in conflict-affected settings.
- Written and verbal communication in Arabic is required.
- Experience delivering training for the benefit of marginalized communities, including children with special needs, mental disorders, or people with physical disabilities.
- Specialization or experience supporting the civil society actors within the context of SNR/MHPSS.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, and training skills.
To apply for this position, please email your recent CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or apply via the application platform(s) where this opportunity has been advertised.
ARDI is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment for all and are an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by international and federal laws, as well as those in our locations of operation.