Expert Roster: Syria-Based Capacity Building Trainer
Job Title: TBD
Job Location: Northeastern Syria (Raqqa or Deir Ezzour)
Position Type: Consultancy Contract
Application Deadline: Ongoing selection on a rolling basis
Atlas Relief and Development International (ARDI) is an international development organization working to support and strengthen civil society in conflict zones by providing the knowledge, skills and resources for civilians to actively shape and participate in a peaceful and democratic future. ARDI is guided by the mission to empower diverse communities affected by conflict to shape and participate in the peaceful, inclusive, rights-based, and secure futures they envision. We work in partnership with a wide variety of communities to support human rights, empowerment, capacity building, and civic engagement of women, youth, and emerging changemakers to achieve sustainable and inclusive peace and security. ARDI stands as a specialized implementing organization across numerous core areas of operation and in a range of geographic areas and diverse community-based stakeholders.
Expert Roster Summary:
ARDI is seeking to establish a roster of experienced capacity building trainers that are highly qualified to design and conduct in-person training focused on a range of subject areas in Northeastern Syria (specifically AlRaqqa and Deir Ezzour). Training topics will be dependent on each specific project, but in general the following topics would likely be included and therefore should be areas of experience among the strongest applicants:
- Programmatic report writing
- Financial management and reporting
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Development of organizational policies
- Organizational leadership and effective management
- Needs assessment survey design and disaggregated data analysis
- Awareness raising/advocacy strategies and strategic communication
- Gender equality and social inclusion, diversity appreciation,
- Diverse beneficiary engagement (especially among marginalized communities)
- Proposal design (including narrative proposal, budget, timeline, logic model, etc.)
ARDI regularly hires for new training roles across the different projects we lead on a yearly basis. Therefore, we work annually to establish a roster of highly qualified and experienced trainers who will be short-listed for secondary interviews relevant to specific field-trainer roles (or similar/relevant roles) based on specific project needs and timelines during the year. By applying, you are agreeing to be considered for a spot within ARDI’s 2023 Expert Roster for “Syria-Based Capacity Building Trainers”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research on thematic topics and/or review existing data/research provided by ARDI to develop training curriculum and other materials relevant to the specific topics of the training.
- Review and revise ARDI’s exciting curriculum to ensure the materials align with the specific project and training subjects and aims.
- Contribute to workshop pre/post survey design and implementation (or other form of M&E effort conducted during the trainings); adjust training materials and/or approaches based on data findings to help ensure trainings are responsive to beneficiary needs, challenges, and aims.
ToT Training and Ongoing Coaching
- Deliver in-person training modules to Syrian-based beneficiaries (typically civil society organization (CSO) staff or other specialists) using hands-on teaching methods that support the development and enhancement of skills/experience using activities relevant to the real world.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and coaching to training beneficiaries, allowing the opportunity to help ensure that beneficiaries are transferring new knowledge/experience into their professional efforts within the context of the project.
- Provide support in the adaption of approaches across the duration of the project based on workshop survey data findings and observations related to the quality, impact, and sustainability of efforts.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of capacity building training and curriculum development experience inside Northeastern Syria.
- Experience working within the context of development and stabilization programming in Syria.
- Written and verbal communication in Arabic is required. English (written and verbal) is considered an advantage.
- Confident in facilitation, public speaking, and the demonstration of skills/approaches.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, and training skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with internationally diverse, multi-ethnic, and multi-linguistic staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your recent CV and Cover Letter within the form and complete the required information. As ARDI receives a substantial number of applications, only selected applicants we would like to add to our Expert Roster and invite for the shortlisted interview process will be contacted.
ARDI is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment for all and are an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by international and federal laws, as well as those in our locations of operation.